Certificate in Teaching English as a Foreign Language
Bridge Language Study House has been an accredited Pearson/LCCI training centre since March 2013 and is currently the only accredited Cert TEFL training provider in Romania.
The CertTEFL is a highly practical qualification which has been specifically designed to develop the skills required for people wishing to embark on a career as an EFL teacher.
What is the CertTEFL Teacher Training Course?
The CertTEFL is a Level 5 (Cambridge CELTA equivalent), highly practical teacher training course designed to provide you with the initial skills needed for teaching English to adult speakers of other languages. The CertTEFL English teaching qualification is valid and accepted worldwide.
Who is the programme for?
The Cert TEFL Teacher Training Course is suitable for:
- anyone with little or no experience of teaching English as a Foreign Language (EFL) who may be thinking of a career as an EFL teacher
- anyone who is passionate about English language and culture and wishes to become a qualified EFL teacher
- anyone wishing to boost their professional portfolio with an internationally recognised teaching qualification
- existing English language teachers who are passionate about their profession and wishing to further improve their teaching skills
- existing English language teachers who need an internationally recognised teaching qualification to teach abroad
How will the CertTEFL be delivered and assessed?
Rather than a one month full-time commitment, our training programme is a ‘blended’ combination of online ‘self-study’ modules and assignments and face to face sessions with a personal tutor/mentor. This format allows you to carry on with your normal day-to-day activities with minimum disruption.
Assessment on the course is continuous and integrated, taking into account teaching skills, written assignments and professionalism. Each of the 6 assessed units contributes equally to your overall grade. You will be given feedback by the trainers on your teaching and opportunities to discuss your progress individually.
Achievement of the CertTEFL will confirm that you:
- have a good understanding of the essential aspects of the EFL teacher’s role
- can organise and manage effective learning
- have developed professionally through on-going reflection and evaluation
What are the entry requirements?
No previous teaching experience is necessary. But, non-native English speaking candidates must be able to demonstrate a C2-level (proficient) level of English.
Who will my trainers be?
Our trainers are highly experienced in the field of Teaching English as a Foreign Language as well as teacher development and have acquired relevant qualifications including English/Educational degrees as well as other vocational qualifications such as Cambridge DELTA and TESOL.
How and when can I enrol?
If you wish to enrol for the CertTEFL programme, you will need to send an email request to marc[at]blsh.ro along with an up-to-date CV.
The cost of the programme can be paid in instalments, and includes the following:
- 6 online self-study training modules
- course-book and auxiliary materials
- evaluation and testing – directed assignments and formal evaluation
- lesson observation sessions and observed teaching practice
- a dedicated Mentor
- CertTEFL internationally recognised teaching qualification
For further details about the programme, please do not hesitate to contact us.